Facility Rules & Regulations
The RiverWinds Community Center is owned by the Township of West Deptford and operated for the benefit of its residents, members, and guests. It is located at 1000 RiverWinds Drive in West Deptford Township, New Jersey. The 111,000 square foot facility is open year-round with the following amenities and services. For more information about RiverWinds Community Center, please browse through our website or call 856-251-0990.
To Download the Facility Rules & Regulations Handbook Click Here
RiverWinds Community Center offers several convenient ways to use the facility. There are two types of passes from which to choose: annual pass or daily visit pass. The passes listed provide you with unlimited use of the Fitness Center (ages 14 and older), Aquatics Center, and Open Gym time.
ANNUAL PASSES: Annual pass holders have access to all amenities and services and receive discounts on program costs. Annual passes expire one year after the purchase date. You may pay for annual passes in one payment or through a payment plan using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
DAILY PASSES: The daily pass allows the bearer to one (1) day’s use of the Community Center with access to all amenities. The daily pass is valid for the entire day. Non-residents must be accompanied by a member to purchase a daily pass. Daily pass holders will be required to wear a wristband that must be secured around their wrist. Passes are available at a discounted rate to all permanent residents of West Deptford Township. In order to qualify for these discounts, residency must be verified.
Residency Policy: To be eligible for the West Deptford Township resident rate, one must live permanently in the township and be able to produce one or more forms of identification to verify residency. If a member has children or dependents, they must also live permanently in West Deptford Township.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION FOR VERIFYING RESIDENCY
- Valid New Jersey photo driver’s license with the West Deptford address.
- If the license is not a photo ID, the individual will need to provide additional verification of residency by submitting a combination of the following:
- Military ID
- Renter’s lease agreement
- Current water/sewer or tax bill
- Multiple utility bills indicating current address
- Recent mortgage payment
- Current school ID with photo;
- Most recent report card
For college students to be considered dependents, they must present the following:
- Current class schedule with 12 credits or more
- Current college registration papers showing verification of FULL-TIME matriculation
In the event an individual is unable to produce the accepted forms of identification listed, other forms of verification may be approved by management. All written requests should be submitted to the front desk with copies of the documents in question. Please allow at least one week for management to review and respond to each request.
RiverWinds Community Center needs to create an atmosphere that is comfortable to all members and guests. All patrons are expected to follow the rules and regulations associated with the facility and its general programs. Failing to abide by these rules will result in removal from an area or activity. Management has the right to immediately suspend and/or terminate any membership for behavior inimical to the enjoyment of the Center by other members, rule violations, or non-payment of dues. Membership suspensions will progressively lengthen with each act of non-compliance. In most instances, the rate of progression will be one week, one month, one year, and, finally, permanent suspension of any usage privileges. If warranted, management may find it appropriate to omit any of the aforementioned steps of progression.
RiverWinds Community Center accepts Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), a convenient monthly/quarterly payment plan, as a way to pay for or renew annual pass memberships. The monthly or quarterly fee is automatically deducted. When you sign up, you will be asked to pay the initial monthly/quarterly fee that will include a nominal service charge. Note: EFT is only available for payment of annual passes and is not applicable toward payments for programs, rentals, etc.
- Cancellation of Electronic Funds Transfer: Households utilizing our monthly/quarterly EFT payment plan may cancel their membership any time after the initial 12 months of membership by providing 30 days advanced written notice of their intent to cancel. Cancellation notice must include pass holder's signature; cancellation cards are available at the front desk.
RiverWinds Community Center offers a variety of classes and programs to suit patrons of all ages. Schedules for both our free activities and fee-based programs are published online. Printed versions are available in the Community Center Lobby informational kiosk.
This exciting option allows you to pre-pay for all fitness and aquatic exercise classes at a discounted rate on any given day, provided there is space available. Exceptions include: karate, arts and crafts classes, and youth activities. Simply drop in up to two hours prior to the class, stop at the front desk and register for the class(es) of your choice for that day. You will receive a receipt which should be given to the class instructor. Reservations can also be made via telephone up to two (2) hours in advance of the class. Passes for classes with limited space, such as spin, TRX, or water exercise, will be available on a first come, first served basis. The Super Class Pass expires at the end of the calendar year. Fees for the Super Class Pass will be prorated as the year progresses.
Our certified personal training staff will work one-on-one with you to address and help meet your personal fitness goals. You may choose to meet one time, a few times, or regularly with your trainer to maintain your fitness/health level. Sessions will be one hour in duration. We also offer TRX training in any package listed. All personal trainers are certified by a national certification agency.
Available packages include:
- Body Fat Testing
- One hour session
- 3-one hour sessions
- 6-one hour sessions
- 10-one hour sessions
- Elite packages available
Private instruction in the form of personal fitness training, swim instruction, basketball shooting or any other activity is strictly prohibited within the Community Center. In many cases, these services are available through the Community Center or through outside contracted vendors. Please contact the front desk for more information.
Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable unless an individual has a permanent change of residence more than 25 miles from the Community Center or becomes deceased during the term of the membership. All requests for refunds must be made in writing and submitted to the Community Center 30 days in advance of the cancellation date. West Deptford Township will retain the portion of the total price representing the services used plus 10% of the total membership cost for the cancellation processing fee. Verification of a permanent change of residence or death will be required. Classes cancelled by the Community Center are refunded 100%. Participants may request a full refund from a program up to 72 hours before the start of the program. All requests MUST be in writing. There are no other refunds for classes. All pro shop sales are final.
RiverWinds Community Center offers gift certificates in any denomination for purchase at the front desk. RiverWinds Gift Certificates can be used toward pass payments, activity registration, pro shop, and child care. Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
MEMBERSHIP CARDS: All members are issued an identification card, and the identification card is necessary to enter the building. The card must be scanned in order to get through the turnstile. RiverWinds Community Center identification cards are non-transferable, and a $5.00 fee is charged for a replacement card. When utilizing the Community Center, please be prepared to show your membership card at all times. Anyone going beyond the turnstiles will need to show his/her membership card for re-entry. Anyone attempting to transfer his/her card to a non-member for admittance will face an immediate membership suspension. Daily pass holders will be required to wear a wristband that must be secured around their wrist.
FORGOTTEN MEMBERSHIP CARD POLICY: Although forgetting a membership card may initially seem to be inconsequential, the number of requests to verify memberships for individuals without their cards each day has become overwhelming. Additionally, security concerns have made it imperative that our staff is able to identify members and paid visitors throughout the facility at any given time. Any annual pass holder wishing to access the facility without his or her membership card must check in at the Front Desk. Should a membership card remain lost for an extended period, a new card must be purchased at a cost of $5.
RiverWinds Community Center permits members in good standing to bring in guests on a daily basis. All guests are required to sign in at the front desk, show proper identification, and pay the applicable daily fee. Members are required to remain in the building with their guests. Each household may bring in up to four (4) guests per day.
Any group consisting of more than four (4) people must make prior arrangements before visiting RiverWinds Community Center. Please contact our Operations Manager (856-251-0990 ext. 204) for scheduling information. Arrangements must be made at least 72 hours in advance to assure space and staffing needs to make your visit most enjoyable.
RiverWinds Community Center is proud to offer party packages. Any group wishing to have a party at the Community Center must be approved by the RiverWinds staff. Only authorized parties may use the Party Rooms. RiverWinds Community Center prohibits the use of the lobby as a dining area for large groups. If you would like to have a pizza party, birthday party, etc. contact RiverWinds Community Center for room rental information.
In order to provide a distraction-free recreation environment for our members and guests, we do not allow solicitation, petitioning, or business promotion at our Community Center regardless of the cause being represented unless prior approval is received from the General Manager. West Deptford Township firmly believes that our guests should enjoy a distraction-free recreational experience in our Community Center. If you feel harassed or bothered by a solicitor or petitioner outside our facility, please alert Community Center personnel. We appreciate your patience and patronage as we continue to do everything we can to provide you with a respectful, distraction-free experience.
We are committed to providing a secure environment for all visitors to our Community Center. Through the use of video surveillance cameras, our premises and their surroundings are under constant surveillance
If you wish to receive email from RiverWinds Community Center and West Deptford Township, make sure to register your email address to take full advantage of what RiverWinds has to offer! You can register for the email blasts near the bottom of the homepage, click the blue “Sign up for Our Newsletter” button. RiverWinds sends email notices on special events, scheduling issues, snow closings, and much more!
RiverWinds Community Center has three locker rooms for your use. Please bring your own lock to secure your belongings. The men’s locker room and women’s locker room are for individuals of the appropriate sex to use. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult of the same sex in the locker room. Parents should refrain from bringing children of the opposite sex into the general locker rooms...please utilize the family locker room. No locks are permitted overnight in any of our 3 locker rooms. Locks will be cut off and contents of lockers placed in our lost and found each night after closing. Recording devices, including cellular phones with cameras, are strictly prohibited from all locker room areas.
FAMILY LOCKER ROOM: The family locker room is a special locker room for use by families. The family locker room is intended to provide an area for parents and children of opposite sex a comfortable environment in which to shower and change. Individuals without children should utilize either the men’s or women’s locker rooms. In addition, if your children, regardless of gender, are not in need of supervision while changing or showering please have them utilize the appropriate locker room. No nudity should occur anywhere except in the private cabanas and the showers. The Community Center staff asks that parents and children of the same sex utilize the larger locker rooms.
In addition to the three locker rooms, coin lockers, located just beyond the front desk, are provided for use for $0.25. Depositing a quarter will allow the door to be locked and the key removed. Once the key is replaced in the locker another $0.25 is required to utilize the locker/key again. Any items found in the coin lockers that are not locked will be placed immediately in our lost and found. Anyone losing a key will be charged a $10.00 key replacement fee.
The RiverWinds Community Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please see the front desk for inquiries regarding lost or stolen items. Items in our lost and found are kept for a short time before they are donated to service organizations or disposed.
Our vending machines are owned and operated by outside contractors. If there are any problems with the vending machines, please report to the front desk. Unfortunately, the Community Center is unable to refund any funds lost in vending machines. Do not shake or bang any of the machines.
Child Care is available at a nominal fee for annual pass holders only. The parent or guardian MUST remain in the building the entire time the child is in the Child Care facility. RiverWinds Community Center enforces a 2-hour time limit per child, per day. RiverWinds offers the convenience of a prepaid Child Care pass. Ask for details!Hours
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
*Hours subject to change
Children ages 6 months to 9 years are allowed in the Child Care room. For children under 1 year of age, the supervisor will inform you of our “off-peak” hours. During these hours, our staff is available to give your child the best care.
On rare occasions our Child Care area reaches capacity. “Capacity” varies based on our staffing and the ages of the children present. During this time, no child(ren) may be admitted until other children have departed from Child Care.
- Diaper/Toilet Needs
In an instance where a child requires a diaper change or toilet assistance, a staff member will contact the child’s parent.
- Health & Safety
Children who have been sent home/stayed home from school due to illness may not enter Child Care on that date.
RiverWinds Community Center staff reserves the right to refuse any child who is unable to adjust to the babysitting services and environment. Thank you for your cooperation!
To ensure the safety of our members, the hot tub will be closed periodically for maintenance. This time will be used to drain the hot tub, clean it, and fill the hot tub with fresh water. Every effort will be made to keep the hot tub closed for the shortest time possible.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted in the Community Center, and if smoking outside, you must be 25 feet from the building.
- Food is only permitted in the lobby area. No glass containers are permitted in the building. Clear plastic bottles and reusable containers ONLY are permitted in the fitness area, gymnasiums, and pool area.
- Anyone under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult while in the building.
- No dribbling or ball bouncing in any of the common areas (lobby, hallways, etc.).
- Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar, or offensive language or graphics is not permitted. Bathing suits may be worn only in the aquatics area.
- No changing in the hallway is permitted.
- Please do not sit and/or loiter in the hallways.
- Please refrain from any activity that may be deemed inappropriate, including public affection, yelling, and the usage of profanity. Guests using profanity or abusive language, symbols, or gestures may be asked to leave the facility and/or be suspended.
- No cleats.
- No pets. Service animals permitted.
- Still and video recording devices are permitted with prior authorization only.
- Members must be able to produce membership card at all times.
Each area of the Community Center has rules particular to that area. Please refer to the appropriate section for a detailed listing of these rules.
- Use fitness equipment at your own risk.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted upstairs in the fitness center and/or on the indoor track.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and proper athletic shoes required. No jeans, cut-offs, or sandals/boots of any type permitted.
- No food, gum, or drinks except water and sports drinks in plastic or reusable bottles.
- No hand chalk or powder, please!
- After finishing your weight training, plates and dumbbells must be returned to their original racks.
- Personal belongings (gym bags, coats, etc.) MUST be kept either in the locker room or the designated cubbies located throughout the facility. Personal items placed on or around the fitness floor will be removed by the staff and relocated to the facility’s lost and found. RiverWinds Community Center is not responsible for items left unlocked and/or unattended.
- Cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes during peak times.
- Free weight collars must be used, and always use a spotter when lifting heavy weights.
- Heavy dumbbells are not to be rested on benches between sets.
- Please do not bang, drop, or otherwise misuse the equipment. The proper use of, and care for, the equipment increases its life span and decreases the risk of injury to facility users.
- Screaming, yelling, or use of profane language is strictly prohibited.
- Anyone using the equipment is asked to wipe off surfaces before and after use. Spray bottles are available at the Fitness Desk.
- Proper behavior and courtesy for fellow users must be exhibited at all times. We want to promote an atmosphere of positive interaction and fun along with great workouts.
- Free fitness equipment orientation appointments are available. Contact Mandee Casey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- The Fitness Attendant on duty has the final authority over the use of the equipment.
- Please refrain from using heavy cologne or other fragrances when working out.
- Please refrain from cell phone use while on equipment.
- Please report any faulty or damaged equipment to management.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted upstairs on the track and/or in the fitness center.
- Shirts and proper athletic shoes are required.
- Please walk/jog in the direction indicated by the posted arrows only.
- Absolutely no spectating or loitering on the track.
- Running/jogging is permissible on the outside lane of the track.
- Pass slower participants on the outside.
- Please respect the other members/users and their right to utilize the track.
- Strollers are not permitted on the track.
RiverWinds Community Center’s gymnasium is an essential and unique space which has the potential for meeting a variety of needs benefiting the community. Our mission is to equitably meet the needs of all ages/abilities by balancing competitive and organized sports and drop-in/leisure play while meeting our first priority of developing community activities that benefit West Deptford Township residents. To meet this mission and efficiently utilize the space for all interested groups, we have instituted the following policies:
ORGANIZED TEAM ACTIVITIES AND PRACTICES
RiverWinds Community Center is proud to support numerous township and high school athletic teams and programs. Any organization wishing to utilize our facilities MUST schedule practice time with the Community Center. Teams may not participate in any structured activities or practices without this approval. Structured activities and programs interfere with the drop-in leisure play activities which need to remain available for members. Teams organizing activities or practices without approval will be asked to vacate the facility.
RiverWinds Community Center’s gymnasiums are intended for approved designated purposes only during drop-in leisure time, including basketball and volleyball. Other organized activities such as pickelball and dodge ball will be scheduled by the Community Center staff. Utilization of the gymnasium for unintended activities such as football, baseball, lacrosse, and soccer are prohibited unless approved by the Community Center staff.
- Proper footwear is expected: SNEAKERS (no Crocs, Slides, Uggs, Slip on Shoes, Street Shoes, Boots, Sandals, Flip-Flops, or Bare/Stocking Feet allowed).
- Non-marking, rubber soles must be worn at all times.
- Shirts and shorts, sweat pants, or warm-ups must be worn at all times. Swimsuits (especially when wet) are not allowed.
- Towels are suggested to wipe off excess sweat (excess sweat can accumulate on the floor and cause slipping).
- No food or open beverage containers allowed. Beverage containers must have a secure lid and cannot be taken onto the gym floor.
- No glass containers; plastic or metal only.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Courts with lowered nets are designated for children 12 & under.
- Gambling, fighting, threatening, or indecent conduct will not be permitted.
- Children under 12 must be supervised at all times.
- The Community Center staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend that you leave your valuables at home or lock them in facility lockers.
- The Community Center staff reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way.
- No kicking or sitting on basketballs.
- Equipment is to be returned to the proper place following use.
- Hanging and dunking on basketball rims is prohibited.
- Any inappropriate use or abuse of the Center or equipment may result in termination of privileges.
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities. The Community Center staff reserves the right to eject anyone not following the rules.
- RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
NON-MEMBER PLAYER AND SPECTATOR POLICY
Any team player or spectator that is a non-member and wishes to watch or participate in a basketball/wrestling event may do so by entering through the side gymnasium entrance. The side gymnasium entrance will be accessible one half hour before the game/match is scheduled to start. Anyone that wishes to gain access to the rest of the Community Center will need to enter through the RiverWinds Community Center main entrance. Spectators and team players that are not members of the Community Center will not be able to gain access to the other areas of the facility, including the rock wall. A list of the scheduled and upcoming events will be posted on the gymnasium corridor bulletin board to give members advance notice of events.
- All climbers must complete an annual liability waiver before climbing.
- Climbers must be 6 years of age and older.
- The weight range for the climbing wall is 45 - 275 lbs.
- Only trained RiverWinds rock wall attendants may supervise, harness, attach/detach climbing wall participants.
- Climbers must stay within the respective climbing route.
- No swinging from route to route is permitted.
- Stepping on the belay cable is prohibited.
- Climbing is not permitted if the cable does not retract.
- Climbers must communicate with the attendants only, no idle conversation.
- No climbing with shoes with exposed toes or without toe protection.
- No bouldering or lead climbing.
- No climbing when wearing wet bathing suits.
- All climbers must follow the direction of the rock wall attendant.
- Climbing is not permitted if the climber is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Do not climb beyond the wall top.
- Do not sit and bounce on the belay cable. Rappel onto your feet & wait to be unhooked by attendant.
Please note: Normal operation may be hazardous to those who are pregnant, have heart or back issues, or other health problems that make them vulnerable to injury.
- Children five (5) years and under must be accompanied by a supervising chaperone (age 15 and older) in swimwear, in the water, and within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- Limit three (3) children age five (5) and under to one (1) supervising chaperone.
- Children ages six (6) to nine (9) must be accompanied by a supervising chaperone (age 15 and older) that is in the immediate aquatics area.
- Parents or guardians must be in the water, at arm’s length, with any child who requires a safety flotation device.
- No food, beverages, or glass containers allowed in the pool area; only plastic or reusable (no glass) water bottles.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay in or around the pools.
- No diving from any wall in the leisure pool. Diving in the lap pool is only permitted in the deep end at designated times.
- No floats or rafts permitted in the pools, unless part of a scheduled program.
- No one under the age of twelve (12) is allowed in the hot tub. Youths between the ages of twelve (12) and seventeen (17) must be accompanied by a parent.
- Guards may stop any activity that might cause injury or conflict.
- Proper swimming attire is necessary for all patrons. Swimmers must wear bathing suits, and no cut-offs, shorts, or t-shirts are permitted as swimwear.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers or plastic pants over the diaper.
- No shoes allowed on deck. The only footwear permitted is deck shoes (flip flops) or aqua socks.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pools.
BATHER RULES FOR SWIMMING POOLS
- Any person showing evidence of any communicable skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable disease shall be denied admission.
- Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts, or bandages shall be denied admission.
- Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
- All children in diapers must wear diapers specially designed for immersion in water (such as swimming diapers). Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water.
- Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard.
- No animals, except for service animals, shall be allowed in the swimming pool, wading pool, hot tub, or spa area, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
- Glass containers shall be prohibited in food and drink areas.
- All persons shall shower before entering the water.
- Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
- Outdoor bathing shall be prohibited during an electrical storm.
- Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water.
WATER SLIDE RULES
- Individuals must be 48” or taller to use the slide.
- Patrons must go down the slide feet first on their backs and not block the end of the slide upon ride completion.
- Riders should leave the splash down area quickly and orderly.
- Chaperones are not permitted to wait at the bottom of the water slide to “catch” riders.
- Individuals may not use the slide while wearing a floatation device.
- State law requires that each rider obey all written warnings and directions regarding this ride and refrain from behaving in a reckless manner which may cause or contribute to injury to the rider or to others. Failure to comply is a violation of law and subject to penalty under the New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice pursuant to NJSA 5:3-36.1. Violators may be subject to a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment of up to six months.
VORTEX & CURRENT CHANNEL RULES
- Maximum 1 person or 1 adult and 1 child in the vortex center at one time.
- Individuals must be able to stand with head above water in current channel to use either the current channel or vortex.
- No jumping into current channel from the pool deck.
HOT TUB / SPA BATHER RULES
- Maximum temperature allowed is 104 degrees.
- Maximum bather load is 9 people at a time.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure, or those using prescription medications should not enter this hot tub or spa without prior medical consultation and permission from their doctor.
- Unsupervised use by children under 18 years of age is prohibited. No youths less than 12 years of age are permitted in the hot tub.
- Children ages 12 to 17 must be accompanied and supervised in the hot tub by a parent or guardian.
- Do not use this hot tub or spa while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Do not use the hot tub or spa while alone.
- All users must wear proper swimming attire.
- Shower before entering this hot tub or spa.
- Enter and exit the hot tub slowly and cautiously.
- There shall be a 15-minute limit on time spent in the hot tub or spa. Long continuous exposures may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Hot tub use is not recommended immediately after intense physical activity.
- Do not put your head underwater.
- Lifeguards have the authority to regulate the amount of bathers and close the hot tub if necessary.
STEAM ROOM RULES
- Individuals must be eighteen (18) or older to use the Steam Room.
- Steam Room use should not exceed fifteen minutes; excessive exposure can be harmful to health.
- The Department of Health recommends that persons who are in poor health, have high blood pressure or a heart or circulatory disease, are using prescription medication, or are pregnant not use the Steam Room. Steam Room use should be approved by an individual’s physician.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other drugs should not use the steam room.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE SENSOR – doing so may make the steam generator malfunction, resulting in closure of the Steam Room.